for those who are in or around sane

Thursday, April 13

mo-nay

sometimes, at work, i'm asked to perform menial tasks such as copying. last night, about 5 min before quit, i was asked to make 15 copies of a particular document. i was in the copy room, alone, for a good 10 - 15 min, going about my business. as i gathered up the reams of paper to return with, i look down, and by the garbage can, there's a money clip. after further inspection, it's a wad of cash, in a generic clip. no cards, no notes of ownership. so, i did the first and only thing that occured to me. i walked up to my boss and told her what i found. after a bit of a conference between her and a few other people, i walked the clip to its owner, a higher-up and well-liked guy. i got a nice thank you & handshake, and a sense of a job well done. the most ironic part? in the copy room, i was mulling over what i could do to make some extra cash.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a good person. If you're interested in freelance proofreading, I can refer you to my guy. I am going to have more than I can do for a very very long time

Lo

5:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What no payoff? I think you should have asked to see proof that the money clip was his - just for laughs. 'I'm sorry, do you have a picture of yourself with this moneyclip?' :-)

10lees

10:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geez, the least he could have done was buy you a beer!

-rhett

5:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home