for those who are in or around sane

Friday, April 28

it was.... totally.... worth it....

There’s something about a cute café that makes me need to eat soft cheeses, drink good red wine or indulge in a cappuccino. Doesn’t make a difference where I am, or who I’m with, but if it’s a good little café, I will most likely be drawn to the cheesiest thing on the menu. In this case, it was a grilled chicken panini with tomatoes, pesto and brie cheeses.

Talk about glorified grilled cheese!! Brie melts so splendidly, and it just perfectly oozed out the edges, covering the whole sandwich with a thick gooey layer of perfection. Yes, I ate the whole thing. And enjoyed a cappuccino (to ensure no food-coma when I got back to work).

So here I sit, barely an hour later, and I am suddenly remembering the movie French Kiss. You know – the one with Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline with a French accent? I was thinking about the relevance of this movie at this exact point in my life:

“Did you know there are 452 official kinds of cheese in this country, isn't that amazing? To find 452 ways to classify what is essentially a bacterial process? Don't you think that's amazing?”

And then, one hour later: “Spasm! Spasm! Oh, God, here it comes... lactose intolerance!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home