for those who are in or around sane

Monday, January 15

sicky mcsick-sick

from saturday morning to sunday afternoon, i managed to use a whole box of kleenex. it was rather disgusting. i used the majority to stuff the pockets of my coat for our shopping excursion downtown. the shopping was great. the purchases greater. and the wads of snot rags were truely monumental. i cant remember ever having this problem before. my colds usually involve great pressure build up, coughing and/or sore throat (4/10 i have bronchitis, 5/10 it's strep, that leaves that mystery 1/10 times for something else). of course, yesterday was bears day, so i popped some sudafed, robutussin and tylenol and headed to the bar with my fellow fans to bite fingernails, yell obscenities and CHEER at the victory. subtly i would turn my head (between plays) and honk into a napkin or pilfered tp, regretting the lack of kleenex.

i did not realize how sick i actually was, though, until the bill came around. mind you i only ordered a 1/2 quesadilla and a miller lite (hey, it's fizzy water, dammit!), so my part of the tab was minimal. but i had no cash. "where's an atm?", "oh, just up at the corner", "ok, i'll be right back!". and off i went, with only my sweatshirt on, wallet in hand. apparently i was gone for 20 min or so. i'm a little fuzzy on the details, but i do remember being cold, frustrated and w/o cash for 18 of those 20 min. eventually i wandered back into the bar, where my table mates graciously took my $20 and gave me change.

it's kinda funny how if you dont look sick, people dont treat you like you're sick. on one level, i love it. it means i can suffer with my dignity (and bag o' snot rags). on the other hand, drunk people mistake you for someone who needs to have "just one more", or "no, you cant go home! stay here!!!!". silly me, i'm a bit of a sucker for that. but eventually i resisted, climbed into my pjs and hunkered down with the fam for a good movie. i think it was exactly what my drippy nose needed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger GetMeThrough said...

Feel better!!

6:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blame you for the fact that I am now sick. I think you are spreading it via the internet.

Lo

11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home