for those who are in or around sane

Wednesday, May 11

Dust, Mold and the Quest for Tea

The perfect sore throat remedy is a cup of steaming hot half peppermint, half chamomile tea with honey and a squirt of lemon. i'll totally vouch for it. i'll even vouch for 100% peppermint tea if you cannot mix herbs at the time.

its gorgeous outside. the weather is that perfect crisp-ness that leads to amazing nights of sound sleep. unfortunately, for those of us with odd allergies, it also leads to a puffy, red, sore throat the next morning. it feels like i smoked a pack of cigarettes (which i didnt, Mackenzie!!). But here i sit, rasping away on the phone to solicitors, tears pricking my eyes every time Lauren make me laugh so hard my throat throbs, an annoying tickle on my uvula until my tea is finished brewing. and then.... relief!

oh, and i've also started reading kid's books again. i figure, if i end up with children that are as voracious readers as i was, i had better get a head start so i can recommend or deter as needed. its going well so far! if anyone has suggestions, please let me know!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summerland by Michael Chabon.

When I was a kid I also enjoyed William Sleator a great deal as well, especially Interstellar Pig.

11:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to definitely hook them on Tuesday. It's for when they're really young. It's mostly pictures. And flying frogs. It's the best ever.

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home